Consider following this path:
No Basics Expressed
- take off that box and begin to think clearly
- too many people are wrapped up in themselves - get a look at the landscape dudes!
- start to reflect on what you think about the big questions
- even if you aren't sure (it's called being an Agnostic) that is still a good start
- don't just say what you think - say why you think it!
- don't have or can't think why you have those beliefs? Well done - you are growing in your search - seek those reasons. It's hard work but valuable territory.
Comparing, contrasting, explaining
- don't be happy with simply giving us a quick answer - dig deep!
- start thinking about different, alternative view points and seeing your own view from the other person's perspective - you might find it a shock
Engaging with Real World Complexity
- stereotypes are when you reduce people and groups down to dumb simple lumps - reject this!
- take a good look at real life and ask why people do what they do: it is often complicated
- ask yourself whether you might have got something wrong in your understanding of the way things work
- learn to pause and observe before coming to any judgements or conclusions - who knows what else there is out there to surprise you...
The Outside Brought In
- what could possibly be better than an adventurer bringing back their delicious treasures?
- if you've spent time looking into and gathering fresh insights on real people and cultures, then you have something unique to share with the rest of us!
- the things you share will directly change the way others think about the world - give us the goodness!
Where are you on the Arc? Have you grown in maturity?
The modern world is an exciting place to explore. What are you waiting for?